Keeping the truck’s components in good condition is critical for a truck owner. Therefore, truck owners now install bedliner in order to protect them from rust and dent. As an expert, I always suggest applying a bedliner over the truck components, even on the grill part. Still, many people have no clue How to dry Bedliner Grill and look for how do I dry my bedliner.
Bedliner is an automotive accessory that creates a protective layer with the truck in order to keep it safe from corrosion, scratches, and dents. But many people forget to give it time to dry completely, resulting in separating the bedliner from the truck components. But if you allow it time to dry completely, then it will go long-lasting. In this guide, I will provide you with How to Dry Bedliner Grill and the steps you must know to do it in the perfect way.
But before I start writing about the dry time, it is essential for you to know the types of bedliner and how they can apply to the grill.
What is Bedliner: Types of Bedliner?
A bedliner protects a truck’s bed from damage due to extreme weather conditions and keeps it safe from getting rusty and corroded. Bedliners are in two types: drop-in and spray-on.
Drop in bedliner
Drop-in bedliner manufactures durable plastics installed into your truck’s bed to protect it from damage. In order to install this liner, all you need is just simply to drop the liner right into the bed. You can order the bedliner according to the year and model of your truck, or you can customize a drop-in bedliner to match your vehicle’s color and model.
Spray-in bedliners are in a spray bottle form. To shield the truck’s bed from rust and dents, apply coats of spray in bedliners, and you are good to go. For a spray-in, you just require a good company bedliner that assures you of its high and durable quality.
Spray-in bedliner develop a gripping surface that protects the people and cargo from sliding and slipping in the truck’s bed. You can get insight into How to Remove Spray-in Bedliner Overspray?
How to apply Bedliner over Grill?
A bedliner can apply over the grill to protect the metal surface from rust, corroding, and dents. Following are the steps on how to apply the bedliner over the grill.
- To begin with, clean the surface of the grill. It will require soapy water and a soft brush. Ensure you clean the surface adequately in order to remove all the dust and debris from the surface. Once you are done with the cleaning, rinse the surface with lukewarm water and let it dry.
- Next, grab the grit paper to sand the surface. Sanding develops a gripping power to the metal surface that helps the bedliner to adhere firmly.
- If you do not want to install a bedliner all over the grill area, use mask tape to avoid any contact with those areas. These areas include where the grill attaches to the vehicle.
- After this, spray the bottle of bedliner over the grill. Make sure to apply at least dual coats of bedliner to make a tough surface.
- Note: Be sure to allow the first coat to dry completely before the second coat.
- When you finish the bedliner coating, remove the masking tape from the surfaces.
Get to know if you must drill through the bedliner; this is the way to Drill Through the Bed Liner.
How to Dry Bedliner Grill?
How long does it take for the bedliner to dry? Most people do not let the bed liner dry adequately, so the bedliner takes off. Therefore, it is important to let the bedliner dry over the grill first and then use it once it is dry.
Drying the bedliner over the grill is as essential as installation. It is important to adhere the bedliner to the grill’s surface appropriately. I will explain the steps and instructions on How to Dry Bedliner Grill?
- First thing first, you must wait according to the manufacturer’s recommended drying time. Ensure you allow the bedliner to dry before using the grill.
- If you are in a hurry, use a heat gun to speed up the drying process. Set the heat gun at a low to medium level because if it is set on a high level, the bedliner can move and shift from its place as it is wet. Also, move the heat gun back and forth until the grill’s surface completely gets dry.
- Note: Hold the grill several inches away while drying it with a heat gun.
- Whether you use a heat gun or not, waiting at least 24 hours to let it completely dry is recommended. This way, the bedliner gets hard, tough, and set.
- Last but not least, be sure to avoid any contact with moisturizer. Let the bedliner dry completely, and then use or touch the grill part.
Why don’t you read this interesting piece on How To Stick Adhesive To Bedliner?
Drying the bedliner is as important as installation. If you do not let the bedliner dry completely, the results will worsen and upset you. Therefore, it is essential to dry the bedliner over the grill properly. In the above guide, I have explained the bedliners, how to install the bedliner over the grill, and how to dry the bedliner grill. I believe this guide will help you if you have relatable queries.
Joshea Mark is a trucker with a wealth of experience and a keen eye for quality. He has spent countless hours on the road and knows firsthand the importance of having a reliable tonneau cover to protect his cargo. That’s why Joshea is so passionate about sharing his knowledge and expertise with others.
At Best in Tonneau Covers, he reviews the latest and greatest covers on the market, compares different brands, and writes buyer guides to help truckers like himself make informed decisions. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to the world of trucking, Joshea’s insights and advice are sure to be valuable. His writing is authentic and personal, reflecting his years of experience and his genuine desire to help others.